Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Review

Another short--VERY short--story of mine has been published, this one in the journal Writers' Bloc. The story, titled "Review," has a somewhat interesting history: it began as the first chapter of a novel, then morphed into a short story when it became evident to me that the concept was more suitable for a short work than a long one. That's unusual for me; typically, ideas present themselves to me immediately as either story-length or novel-length (I've got a bunch of the latter written down, awaiting the time when I'll be able to devote myself to them). I'm not certain what makes one idea novel-worthy and another story-worthy, but I think you'll see when you read this one that the decision to pare it way down was the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment